When you are using something like a Yale hoist, there are some important things that you should remember. These are safety measures that you have to take so that you and everyone who is around you are going to stay safe while you are operating the hoist.
- When you are rigging, be sure your load hook and your upper suspension is forming a completely straight line
- The hoist’s body or chain shouldn’t touch your load.
- Never tip your load hooks
- Always use a lifting device or sling to rig about the loads, and make use of lift points that are engineered to attach.
- Never work beneath a suspended load or lift a load above someone.
- Don’t ever lift someone using a hoist.
- If you leave your hoist unattended, make sure that you land any of the attached loads.
- When your job is done, place the hook location or hoist somewhere that’s not going to interfere with material or people movement.
- When you’re controlling a hoist, you have lots of responsibility. The people around you are counting on your common sense, good judgment, and skill.
If you are looking for a hoist radio control or a Ross hoist, you want to go to www.hoistsdirect.com. They have a lot of hoists that you can choose from and they have great customer service and prices. You will have no trouble finding something that you need to buy there and getting it quickly and easily.
For more information visit HoistDirect.com